Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ranking NBA Primary Logo's: #21 Mavericks

There are a couple problems. One, it's too busy. Another team that upgraded from an extremely simple logo, this franchise used to be the joke of the NBA (minus the Clippers). So they had to change their identity once they started to turn around as a franchise. But my #2 point would be straight from the Websters dictionary: Maverick: an unbranded calf, cow, or steer esp. an unbranded calf separted from it's mother. Forget the separated from the mother part, let's focus on what animal should be used here. The definition says calf, cow, or steer. So what animal is being used here? A horse. Case-closed.

WAYS 2 IMPROVE

I didn't name the team and I didn't pick the logo. But I can say I would have done the research. A horse isn't a maverick. I know a steer has been done, but you are who we thought you were. Falsely identifying yourself is a big code breaker. The star has been done too, twice. Texas is a western themed state so there are a lot of options they could go with. Hell, even this is maverick. The cowboy hat logo was out dated and there is a team in Dallas named the Cowboys, but they use a star as their logo. Nothing wrong staying with your history. I don't think the Mavs logo is completely awful. It's just not correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment