Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ranking Primary NBA Logo's: #29 Wizards

Oh, if things could be they way they used to be? In 1995, the Washington Bullets changed to the Wizards due to increasing violence and homicides inside the nation's capital (although the Bullets logo was very tame and thank goodness it wasn't the team name with Gilbert Arenas's antics this year). This logo is what was released and has been the primary logo since with few changes except for a slight color alteration. At the time, the logo change was fine. But I never really got this one. A bearded old man in pajamas is not exactly intimidating (I would rather they use Walt Williams instead). They cleverly worked in a "W" with the shape of the beard. But I always found this to be a difficult logo to figure out at first glance.

WAYS 2 IMPROVE
I know it's cliche of sorts and I like the Wizards current colors, however if you're a team in the United States of America's capital city and you choose any colors besides red, white, and blue, it just seems off. The only one that has a pass is of course the Redskins, but that a whole "pc" battle that has been going on for years. So I would work on going back to the red, white, and blue colors. As for other changes, I would go with more of a word mark type logo. Or, I actually really like the little "DC" logo they came up with. I think roll with that and ditch Dumbledore, and they could have something.

No comments:

Post a Comment