Friday, April 23, 2010

Welcome! AZ Cardinals unveil new look

Welcome to "The Look". There are thousands of pro sports teams around the world. No matter which country they exist, all pro sports teams have two elements: logos and uniforms. I have bought hundreds of jerseys in my day from all of the major sports in America including soccer. I am always scouring the net for new logos, new jerseys, and changes in the ofiicial look teams put out onto the field. As a fan I actually chose one of my favorite teams all becasue when I was young, I loved one certain logo: the New England Patriots. The old "Pat Patriot" logo was my first love. I use to collect NFL team pencils when I was in elementary school and it was by far my favorite. With that said my first bit of news...

The Arizona Cardinals unveiled a new look. The Cards did exactly one of the major things I hate in sports. They chose to go with a black alternate. I hate when teams do this. It's lazy, uninspired, and most of the time doesn't make sense for most teams. In this case, ask yourself what color is a cardinal? Answer is not black. They are red which is why they should stay red. Bad, bad, bad stuff. The uniform itself doesn't look all that bad. I do think they look a little too much like the Atlanta Falcons which really hurts the team identity. Hopefully, they don't play the Falcons and choose to wear these. It could be hard to tell who is who just at a quick glance.
In general, the Cards unis are okay looking. They have a little too much flare but after years of being an awful team with a unifrom that seemed more in touch with Arizona than the team moniker, I understand they wanted to do something different to open the best new venue in sports. But blech to the black.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward for this team. Unveil your new look and show them what you got!.. Keep it up I just too my Cardinals Tickets online!

    ReplyDelete