Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ranking NBA Primary Logos: #15 Hornets

The Hornets have been for the most part unchanged even with a move from Charlotte, NC. Adding NOLA to the chest, changing from white to teal gloves and changing the grin a bit on the hornet's face is pretty much all that has been done since the move. This has always been a classic logo for the NBA and for the franchise. I would argue too that this is a logo that started the 90's craze of so many teams getting design happy, several abandoning them. This logo was different, the colors nontraditional, and was really popular back in the day. I would also argue that what was cool about this logo was not the logo itself but they had a team that had good players and one monster ad campaign by Converse. I like this logo and I like this team. Chris Paul is a top 3 point guard in the league and one of my favorite players. But there was a development that should be addressed.

WAYS 2 IMPROVE

The Hornets developed this baby as a 3rd logo but I think it's too good for that. To me this is a switch the team should make to the primary logo. In New Orleans, the Fleur-de-lis is the symbol of the city and with that the Fleur-de-lis Hornet is the perfect logo for the team. Plus it's super sharp. I love it. I love the old logo too. But being in NOLA it's perfect. As long as it never looks anything close to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment