Friday, May 14, 2010

Ranking Primary NBA Logos: #11 Magic

The Magic were born out of suggestions from the local fans and out of the four finalists - Magic, Tropics, Juice, and interesting enough Heat - Magic was clearly the best choice. So how do you illustrate Magic? They could've went the Dumbledore route because back then the Wizards were still the Bullets, but luckily they didn't. So they've went with stars; part of their identity since the beginning. It could have been worse. At least they stayed away from everything Disney even though it's obvious that's where the name generated from. As for the logo, I personally really like the swooping basketball. Like I said I don't know how else you illustrate magic any other way and at least we didn't get this.
WAYS 2 IMPROVE

The Magic's font in their logo is a little much and the excess of the giant stars is unnecessary. Actually overall there are too many stars (I started to laugh cause I thought about the dating video Homer made for Flanders and everything was star wipe). The Magic were a part of the leaked logos and the version I saw, they took the bolder, sharper  font the they use on their current jerseys but kept the swooshy magic ball thingy. I hope they don't change their uniforms. I have a Dwight Howard jersey and when teams switch uniforms you have to wait 4 or 5 years before it becomes "throwback" and not old and lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment