Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ranking NBA Primary Logos: #18 Bucks


The Bucks have been with this fierce looking deer since the 93-94 season. That is after completely changing their look to what was a hot thing to do in the 90's, going purple. They wisened up and went back to their roots in 2006. Back is the original colors of red and green. The green has always been a part of the team identity, a color I think is under appreciated in pro sports. I like the Bucks look and I own some apperal myself. I do have some reservations about this logo though.

WAYS 2 IMPROVE

I am not a big fan of the type face. I don't like the bevel and the jagged edges are not necessary. But I think it wouldn't look so sharp on the edges if they bevel was removed. I think I like the old font better but neither are great. I don't understand the big "S" on the end of Bucks. It's Bucks not BuckS but it's been that way for a while. I like the deer as a solid primary logo, no need to switch to the alternate, although it's very nice looking. I do have to say, the Bucks have a doozy of a logo in their history. Part of me wants them to work that in somehow. It's so good but soooo corny.

No comments:

Post a Comment